J-COSCIS: Journal of Computer Science Community Service is a journal published by the Faculty of Computer Science (Lancang Kuning University) Contains results of community service that have not been published. This scientific code of ethics statement is a statement of the code of ethics of all parties involved in the publishing process of this scientific journal, namely journal managers, editors, writers, and reviewers. Based on the Regulation of the Head of LIPI Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications, the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications upholds three ethical values in publications, namely
1. Neutrality, which is free from conflict of interest in the management of publications;
2. Justice, namely giving authorship rights to those who are entitled to become authors; and
3. Honesty, which is free from duplication, fabrication, forgery, and plagiarism in publications.
1. Editors receive, review, and follow up on complaints from all parties involved in journal publishing
2. The editor is responsible for deciding each article that has been submitted to the appropriate journal and meets the criteria for publication. Editors can discuss with other editors or reviewers in making this decision.
3. Editors evaluate each text for their intellectual content regardless of each author's race, gender, religious beliefs, and ethnicity.
4. The editor and any editorial staff do not send any information related to the text sent to anyone other than the author or reviewer.
5. Editors encourage writers / writers to improve their papers so that they are fit for publication.
6. The editor runs the layout of the script to be published so that it matches the journal template.
7. The editor assists the editor in chief in completing the manuscript collection before printing and publication, especially in terms of language, format and layout.
The Reviewer's Duty
1. Peer reviews provide recommendations and assist editors in producing editorial decisions and through editorial communication with the authors can also assist writers in improving the quality of the manuscript.
2. The review must be carried out objectively. Personal criticism for the author is inappropriate. The reviewer must clearly express his opinion along with supporting arguments.
3. Reviewers should identify relevant published works that have not been cited by the author. Any statements that have been reported by previous observations, elaborations or arguments must be accompanied by the relevant citation.
4. Reviewers must alert the editor of any similarities or substantial overlaps between the manuscript being reviewed and other papers published to the knowledge of the reviewer.
5. Any important information or ideas obtained through the peer-review process must be kept confidential and not used for personal gain.
6. Maintain the confidentiality of the text, by not discussing it with unrelated parties, or disclosing information contained in the text to other parties.
1. The author presents an accurate report on the work performed and the purpose of the discussion and its meaning clearly, honestly, and without plagiarism, as well as data manipulation.
2. The author is responsible for the confirmation submitted for articles that have been written.
3. The author does not mind if the manuscript can be edited without changing the substance or main idea of the writing.
4. The author ensures that the work and manuscripts are truly original and if the author has ever used the work and / or words of other people, they have been stated or cited correctly.
5. An author does not publish the same text from the same study in more than one journal. Sending the same text to more than one journal at the same time is unethical and unacceptable publishing behavior.
6. Authors should cite publications that have had an influence on the reported research.
7. Authors must ensure that all appropriate co-authors and no inappropriate co-authors are listed in and that all co-authors have viewed and approved the final version of the text and have agreed to submit it as publication.