The author must send the manuscript online by first registering as an author to the website https://journal.unilak.ac.id/index.php/agrotela/login.
For every submitted article, the author is obliged to follow the terms and conditions following the Style Guide of Jurnal Agrotela (can be downloaded on the Style Guide page)
Instructions for Authors of Jurnal Agrotela
- The text submitted by the author is the original scientific paper, has never been published, and is not being submitted for publication in other media/journals.
- The text proposed may be the study results (action research/literature), applied conceptual ideas, small-scale studies, theories, review, and criticism in the English context.
- Scripts should be written either in English or Bahasa and following the manuscript guideline properly.
- The manuscript begins with an abstract of 200-250 words written in English and Bahasa.
- Abstracts should clearly indicate the background of the problems, objectives, theories and methods, findings or novelty of ideas, and main conclusions.
- The author's name is written without academic degrees. If a script is written by a team (more than one person), the editor will communicate only with the main author or the author whose name is listed as correspondence author.
- Scripts are organized into five subheadings in IMRAD following order: (a) Introduction: includes problem identification, literature review, research objectives, as well as the benefits of the research, (b) Materials and method: consists of the way the research is done and a description of the material, equipment, and procedures used in conducting the analysis or research, (c) Results and discussion: describes the results of research or analysis and can be presented in sub-chapters, (d) Conclusion: written in the form of a summary and if necessary, each paragraph containing conclusions of the research can be given serial numbers. (e) References/Bibliography: arranged alphabetically refers to the APA Style of Citation.
- Use the Mendeley application to facilitate the inclusion of references (recommended).
- The review script should be written in English or Bahasa Indonesia as many as 15-24 pages.
- A short communication script should be written in English as many as 5-7 pages.
- Sources of references/citations listed in the script are the primary reference sources in research reports or articles published in the scientific journal/magazine in the last 10 years.
- Technical of writing citations use the enclosed reference technique (name, year).
- Article Format has met the Style Guide of Jurnal Agrotela Journal.
- The article does not contain the results of plagiarism, falsification, and fabrication of data.
- We use an antiplagiarism tool that very efficiently detects matches of the text with the existing publications. Any use of whole statements copied verbatim breaks the copyright law and is considered a form of (self-)plagiarism. A citation of the source is insufficient in such a case. A manuscript with these defects will be either returned for immediate corrections or rejected without peer-review if the overlaps are excessive. If more than a month after the deadline for correcting articles with a similarity rate to other articles of more than 20%, we will automatically reject the article.
- If the manuscript has gone through a peer-review process and finds the editor decides that the author must revise the manuscript. Still, the author does not confirm for 1 year; then, the manuscript will be rejected and deleted from the JIP system. For the act of not respecting publishing articles, authors and or all authors are not allowed to submit manuscripts in the JIP system for 2 consecutive publishing periods.
- This journal not charges for APC for certain countries listed in Research4Life.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors must check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- Three lists of reviewers' names and the institution's name and institutional email in the Comments to the Editor when submitting your manuscript have been provided.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced, uses a 12-point font; employs italics rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, Ensuring a Blind Review has been followed.