UPAYA PEMERINTAH DALAM MENGKOMUNIKASIKAN TRADISI MALAMANG MENJADI OBJEK PARIWISATA BUDAYA DI KABUPATEN PADANG PARIAMAN
Malamang tradition is a culture that has grown and developed in the peoples. Night Tradition in Padang Pariaman has potential to be the object of cultural tourism by the government. Goverment of Padang Pariaman Regency’s to be a cultural tourism object, it can be done by organizing messages or information about the nighttime tradition to the peoples. This research uses information integration theory. This research uses descriptive qualitative method with public relations ethnography approach. The object of this research is malamang tradition as cultural tourism. In this research, the informants are the employees from the government who related to the government's efforts in communicating the malamang tradition into the object of cultural tourism in Padang Pariaman Regency. Sources of this research data are found from primary data and secondary data. This research uses data collection techniques by observation, interviews, literature review, and documentation. In this research, decribed government's efforts in communicating the malamang tradition into the object of cultural tourism in Padang Pariaman Regency. Malamang activities are not only related to culture and spiritual teachings, but have social values, cooperation and communication between the community and local government in the ethnographic view of communication. Padang Pariaman Government provides knowledge about the malamang tradition to students as a communication effort to the young generation. Padang Pariaman Government sees the potential of tourism in malamang tradition, but has not yet started to communicate to the public.
Hidayat, Dasrun. 2017. Etnografi Public Relations (Tantangan Metodologi Pada Kajian Public Relations Berbasis Budaya). Prosiding Komunikasi, 1(2): 76-87.
Karthago, Abdul Harris. 2014. Peran Dinas Kebudayaan dan Pariwisata dalam Pengembangan Seni Budaya di Kabupaten Bulungan. Ilmu Pemerintahan, 2(1): 1995-2007.
Littlejohn, Stephen W & Karen A. Foss. 2009. Teori Komunikasi, edisi 9. Jakarta: Salemba Humanika.
Rahmadi, F. 1999. Public Relations dalam Teori dan Praktek. Jakarta: PT Gramedia Pustaka.
Zulfa dan Kaksim. 2014. Sistem Pola Pewarisan Tradisi Malamang di Kota Padang. Kajian Budaya, 10(20): 57-72.
Copyright (c) 2018 Author and Journal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Jurnal Pustaka Budaya is an electronic journal that freely available. Papers that submitted to this journal are published under the terms of the Creative Commons License. The terms of the license are:
- Attribution. The licensor permits others to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work. In return, licensees must give the original author credit.
- Noncommercial. Others permits to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work as long as not use the work for commercial purposes — unless they get the licensor's permission.
- No Derivative Works. The licensor permits others to copy, distribute, display and perform only unaltered copies of the work -- not derivative works based on it.
The full terms of the Creative Commons License please see at their Web site.
No claim on copyright is made by the publisher. Persons or publishers wishing to download a paper for whatever use (other than personal study) must contact the author for permission.
2. However, in submitting to Jurnal Pustaka Budaya, authors agree to their paper being published under the terms set out above.
3. It is assumed that, when an author submits a paper to Jurnal Pustaka Budaya, he or she is the legal copyright holder and no other claim to the copyright exists.