DLUWANG SEJARAHMU KINI
UPAYA KONSERVASI KERTAS TRADISIONAL INDONESIA
Papyrus is known as a plant that was used for paper making materials in ancient Egypt. In Indonesia itself there is a traditional paper called paper dluang / daluwang which is used as a medium for writing manuscripts. In the past dluwang tree bark was not only used as paper making but also used as material for making clothes, ropes and crafts. To make this dluwang paper requires a long time and extraordinary patience. Unfortunately, the tradition of dluwang paper making in Indonesia has been extinct since 1960. So the people today do not know what dluwang is. The extinction of the dluwang paper-making tradition was eroded by the modern paper production we know today. That is because the manufacturing process is very traditional so it is felt to be less practical and economical. The dluwang paper making material is a type of plant called the glugu tree (Papermulberry ‘Broussonetia papyryfea Vent’), similar to the murbey / mulberry tree and the hibiscus or saeh (sunda) tree - the bark used for papermaking. In terms of quality, this dluwang paper has very good durability due to its very strong fiber. This is evident from several ancient manuscripts that are still durable today. One of the regions in Indonesia which is famous for dluwang paper production is Tegalsari village, Kec. Jetis, Kab. Ponorogo. Unfortunately dluwang tree cultivation has been threatened with extinction along with the extinction of this dluwang papermaking tradition. There are at least three locations in Indonesia that are currently trying to preserve dluwang paper making namely, Tegalsari Ponorogo, Toekang Saeh Studio, Bandung West Java, and Sekar Jagad Studio, Sukoharjo. The purpose of this study is to identify the use of dluwang as a written media and to reconstruct how the dluwang paper production process is in tegalsari, jetis ponorogo. While the research method used is to use literature studies, interviews and surveys.
Heyne, K. 1987. Tumbuhan Berguna Indonesia, Jilid II, Jakarta: Badan Litbang.
Soetikna, R.T.A. 1939 Dloewang Panaraga (Het een ander over de vervaardiging en verbreiding van kertas gendong te Tegalsari). Djawa 19, hlm. 191--194.
Winter Sr., C.F. dan R. Ng. Ranggawarsita 1991 Kamus Kawi – Jawa, Jogyakarta: Gadjah Mada University Press
Zoetmulder, P.J. 1995 Kamus Jawa Kuna – Indonesia, Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Teygeler, René. 1995 Dluwang, a Javanese/Madurese Tapa from The Papermulberry Tree. www\IIAS Newsletter\IIASN-6\Southeast Asia
Sulistyo- Basuki.1991. Pengantar Ilmu Perpustakaan. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Permadi, Tedi. 2005. Konservasi tradisi pembuatan daluang sebagai salah satu upaya penyelamatan teknologi tradisional nusantara.
Kertas Dluwang siap pakai
Alat Pemukul Dluwang/ Pemipih
Cangkang Kerang Untuk Menghaluskan Kertas Dluwang
Naskah Yang ditulis diatas Media Kertas Dluwang Ponorogo
Piagam/ sertifikat Produsen Kertas Milik Keluarga Kiai Moh. Djaelani
Keluarga Bpk. Cipto Wiadi
Bapak Mufid, Sanggar Toekang Saeh
Copyright (c) 2019 Author and Journal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Jurnal Pustaka Budaya is an electronic journal that freely available. Papers that submitted to this journal are published under the terms of the Creative Commons License. The terms of the license are:
- Attribution. The licensor permits others to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work. In return, licensees must give the original author credit.
- Noncommercial. Others permits to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work as long as not use the work for commercial purposes — unless they get the licensor's permission.
- No Derivative Works. The licensor permits others to copy, distribute, display and perform only unaltered copies of the work -- not derivative works based on it.
The full terms of the Creative Commons License please see at their Web site.
No claim on copyright is made by the publisher. Persons or publishers wishing to download a paper for whatever use (other than personal study) must contact the author for permission.
2. However, in submitting to Jurnal Pustaka Budaya, authors agree to their paper being published under the terms set out above.
3. It is assumed that, when an author submits a paper to Jurnal Pustaka Budaya, he or she is the legal copyright holder and no other claim to the copyright exists.