PRESERVASI ARSIP FOTO DIGITAL INDIVIDUAL: KAJIAN PADA MAHASISWA MIP UGM ANGKATAN 2018-2019
This study aims to determine the preservation activities of individual digital photo archives by students of MIP UGM force 2018-2019. This research use descriptive statistic method. The population of this research is MIP UGM student force of 2018-2019 which amounted to 36 people. Data collection techniques used questionnaires, which refers to the preservation framework of individual digital photo archives developed by the Library of Congress, includes: identify, decide, organize, and make copies. The results showed: 1) identify the storage of photos. At this stage, it is known that all or equal 100% of the number of respondents store a collection of digital photos on a computer / laptop. 2) decide to determine the most important photo to be saved. At this stage, almost entirely or equal 90% of the total respondents have applied it well. 3) organize the activities of grouping photos. This stage has not been considered well by the respondents in preservation of digital photo archives. The Most or equal 60% of respondents have grouped photos using a folder system based on year, location, person, and activity at the time the photo taken. However, only a small part that gives the name or description on each photo file, so this will be difficult in the image retrieval process. 4) Making copies of photos. At this stage, most or equal 60% of respondents have made copies of photos and stored them on different media, both online and offline.
Fourie, I. (2011). Personal information management (PIM), reference management and mind maps: The way to creative librarians. Library Hi Tech, 29(4), 764-771.
Jones, W. (2008). Keeping found things found : The study of practice of personal information management. USA: Morgan Kaufman Publishers.
Kearns, L. R., Frey, B. A., Tomer, C., & Alman, S. (2014). A study of personal information management strategis for online faculty. Journal of Asynchronous Learning Network, 18(1), 1-17.
Krtalic, M., Marcetic, H., & Micunovic, M. (2016). Personal digital information archiving among students of social sciences and humanities. Information Research, 21(2).
Lin, C. N., Tsai, C. F., Roan, J. (2008). Personal photo browsing and retrieval by clustering techniques: Effectiveness and efficiency evaluation. Online Information Review, 32(6), 759-772. https://doi.org/10.1108/14684520810923926.
Library of Congress. (2013). Perspectives on personal digital archiving. USA: Library of Congress.
Oehlerts, B., & Liu, S. (2012). Digital preservation strategies at Colorado State University Libraries. Library Management, 34 (1/2), 83-95.
Sinn, D., Kim, S., Syn, S. Y. (2017). Personal digital archiving: Influencing factors and challenges to practices. Library Hi Tech, 35(2), 222-239. https://doi.org/10.1108/ LHT-09-2016-0103.
Siregar, S. (2014). Statistika deskriptif untuk penelitian: Dilengkapi perhitungan manual dan aplikasi SPSS versi 17. Jakarta: Rajawali Press.
Sudijono, A. (2010). Pengantar statistik pendidikan. Jakarta: Rajawali Pers.
Sugiyono. (2013). Metode penelitian kuantitatif dan kualitatif dan R & D. Bandung: Alfabeta.
Wasito, H. (1992). Pengantar metode penelitian: Buku Panduan Mahasiswa. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Copyright (c) 2021 Author and Journal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Jurnal Pustaka Budaya is an electronic journal that freely available. Papers that submitted to this journal are published under the terms of the Creative Commons License. The terms of the license are:
- Attribution. The licensor permits others to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work. In return, licensees must give the original author credit.
- Noncommercial. Others permits to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work as long as not use the work for commercial purposes — unless they get the licensor's permission.
- No Derivative Works. The licensor permits others to copy, distribute, display and perform only unaltered copies of the work -- not derivative works based on it.
The full terms of the Creative Commons License please see at their Web site.
No claim on copyright is made by the publisher. Persons or publishers wishing to download a paper for whatever use (other than personal study) must contact the author for permission.
2. However, in submitting to Jurnal Pustaka Budaya, authors agree to their paper being published under the terms set out above.
3. It is assumed that, when an author submits a paper to Jurnal Pustaka Budaya, he or she is the legal copyright holder and no other claim to the copyright exists.