As reviewers, your aim is to provide authors with constructive feedback so that they can make improvements to their work. Use the Comment function on Microsoft Word to enter your comments. Ensure that the username of your Word software do not contain your identity. Use the Track Change function if you are editing the body text directly.
Keep in mind that the manuscript sent to you is a privileged confidential document. This means that you cannot use the information obtained during the peer-review process for your own or any other person or organisation's advantage or disadvantage.
Elsya Journal's peer review process is double blind, thus conflict of interests and discriminination of nationality/gender/belief can be avoided. Therefore, reviewers must not write their names or afiliations in their feedback comments.
Your review will help the Editor decide whether or not to publish the article:
- Does the paper provide insight into an important issue, especially a recent issue?
- Does the paper tell a good story?
- Is the paper interesting for an international audience?
- Does the insight from the paper stimulate new, important questions?
- Is there a high probability that the paper will be read and cited by others?
Your comments in the Open Journal System review dashboard
- Remember that authors will welcome positive feedback as well as constructive criticism from you.
- Your comments for the “Editor only” will not be sent to the author.
- If you have further insight or need rectify part of your review, please Add Discussion and the Editor or Section Editor will correspond with you.