PENERAPAN LOGIKA BERPIKIR PIERRE BORDIEU BAGI PUSTAKAWAN
Librarians are always required to adapt to the situation surrounding the library. This is influenced by internal and external factors. For this reason, librarians are required to have good skills in dealing with various situations in the library. Librarians' abilities are determined by many factors. One of them is factors that can be monitored through the logic of Bourdieu's thinking about habitus, capital, arena, and doxa-heterodoxa-orthodhoxa. On that basis, the formulation of the problem presented in this study is how is the application of Pierre Bourdieu's logic to librarians? This research is a literature study, which is supported by relevant information sources. The data analysis is done by means of interpretation. Pierre Bourdieu has the concepts of habitus, capital, arena, and doxa-heterodoxa-orthodhoxa. The results of the research conducted regarding the logic of Bourdieu's thinking show that habitus cannot be separated from the existence of librarians as individual or social human beings. Thus forming a librarian as an individual who can always adapt to various situations that develop in the library.
Haryatmoko. (2003). Menyingkap Kepalsuan Budaya Penguasa. Basis, 11-12.
Herker, R. (2004). Pengantar Paling Komprehensif Kepada Pemikiran Pierre Bourdieu. Yogyakarta: Jalasutra.
Ningtyas, E. (2015). Pierre Bourdieu, Language, and Symbolic Power. Poetika, 3(2), 82-95.
Perpustakaan Nasional Republik Indonesia. (2008). Undang-Undang Republik Indonesia Nomor 43 Tahun 2007 tantang Perpustakaan. Jakarta: Perpustakaan Nasional RI.
Santosa, Y. (2016). Arena Produksi Kultural: Sebuah Kajian Sosiologi Budaya. Bantul : Kreasi Wacana.
Copyright (c) 2019 Author and Journal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Jurnal Pustaka Budaya is an electronic journal that freely available. Papers that submitted to this journal are published under the terms of the Creative Commons License. The terms of the license are:
- Attribution. The licensor permits others to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work. In return, licensees must give the original author credit.
- Noncommercial. Others permits to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work as long as not use the work for commercial purposes — unless they get the licensor's permission.
- No Derivative Works. The licensor permits others to copy, distribute, display and perform only unaltered copies of the work -- not derivative works based on it.
The full terms of the Creative Commons License please see at their Web site.
No claim on copyright is made by the publisher. Persons or publishers wishing to download a paper for whatever use (other than personal study) must contact the author for permission.
2. However, in submitting to Jurnal Pustaka Budaya, authors agree to their paper being published under the terms set out above.
3. It is assumed that, when an author submits a paper to Jurnal Pustaka Budaya, he or she is the legal copyright holder and no other claim to the copyright exists.