PENGALAMAN PUSTAKAWAN DALAM PENGEMBANGAN KOLEKSI
This research is based on the fact of librarians' experience in developing collections in Children's Library Library which includes experience in analyzing user needs, librarian experiences in implementing collection development policies, librarian experiences in selecting collections, librarian experiences in acquiring collections, experience in weeding collections and evaluating collections at the Children's Library Library according to librarian experience. This research focuses on the experience of librarians in the development of collections at the Pustakalana Children's Library by referring to the collection development theory proposed by Edward G. Evans (2005) regarding seven stages of collection development namely user needs analysis, policy, selection, acquisition, weeding, and evaluation. This study uses qualitative methods with a phenomenological study approach. Data collection is done by observation, interviews and documentation. The informants in this study were the librarians of the Pustakalana Children's Library. The results of this study indicate that the experience felt by librarians in developing collections at the Pustakalana Children's Library is different.
Abidin, Z. (2002). Filsafat Manusia: Memahami Manusia Melalui Filsafat. Bandung: PT. Remaja Rosda Karya.
Arikunto. (2006). Prosedur Penelitian: Suatu Pendekatan Praktik. Jakarta: rineka Cipta.
Basuki, S. (1991). Pengantar Ilmu Perpustakaan. Jakarta: Gramedia Petaka Utama.
Bogdan, R., & Steven Taylor. (1992). Pengantar Metode Kualitatif. Surabaya: Usaha Nasional.
Curley, A., & D. Broderick. (1985). Building Library Collection. Metuchen: Scarecrow Press.
Daehler, M., Bukatko, & Danuta. (1985). Cognitive Development. New York: Alfert A. Knopf.
Evans, G. E. (2005). Developing Library and Information Center Collections (5th Ed.). Westport: Libraries Unlimitied.
KBBI. (2005). Kamus Besar Bahasa Indonesia. Retrieved June 25, 2001, from https://kbbi.web.id/alam-2
Littlejohn, S. W., & K.A. Foss. (2005). Theories of Human Communication. USA: Thomson Learning Academic Resource Center.
Moelong, L. J. (2013). Metode Penelitian Kualitatif. Bandung: PT. Remaja Rosda Karya.
Mulyana, D. (2011). Metodelogi Penelitian Kualitatif. Bandung: Rosda Karya.
Nasution, S. (1991). Metode Research. Bandung: Jemmars.
Rachmawati. (2008). Studi Evaluasi Tentang Kegiatan Pengembangan Koleksi di Perpustakaan Fakultas Ilmu Komunikasi Universitas Padjadjaran.
Riyanto, Y. (2001). Metodologi Penelitian Pendidikan. Surabaya: SK.
Sinaga, D. (2015). Materi Kuliah Pengembangan Koleksi. Bandung: Fikom UNPAD.
Soetimah. (1992). Perpustakaan Pustakawan dan Kepustakawanan. Yogyakarta: Kanisius.
Sugiyono. (2014). Metode Penelitian Pendidikan Pendekatan Kuantitatif, Kualitatif dan R&D. Bandung: Alfabeta.
Sumardji P. (1993). Mengelola Perpustakaan. Yogyakarta: Kanisius.
Sutarno NS. (2006). Tanggung Jawab Perpustakaan. Jakarta: Sagu Seto.
Wortman, W. A. (1989). Collection Management: Background and Principles. Chicago: American Library Association.
Yulia. (2009). Pengembangan Koleksi Perpustakaan. Universitas Terbuka.
Copyright (c) 2020 Author and Journal
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
1. Jurnal Pustaka Budaya is an electronic journal that freely available. Papers that submitted to this journal are published under the terms of the Creative Commons License. The terms of the license are:
- Attribution. The licensor permits others to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work. In return, licensees must give the original author credit.
- Noncommercial. Others permits to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work as long as not use the work for commercial purposes — unless they get the licensor's permission.
- No Derivative Works. The licensor permits others to copy, distribute, display and perform only unaltered copies of the work -- not derivative works based on it.
The full terms of the Creative Commons License please see at their Web site.
No claim on copyright is made by the publisher. Persons or publishers wishing to download a paper for whatever use (other than personal study) must contact the author for permission.
2. However, in submitting to Jurnal Pustaka Budaya, authors agree to their paper being published under the terms set out above.
3. It is assumed that, when an author submits a paper to Jurnal Pustaka Budaya, he or she is the legal copyright holder and no other claim to the copyright exists.